my blue-ring angel is dying... help please...:(((

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adinona

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I added the blue-ring angel to my tank 3 days ago along with a majestic-angel and 2 auriga batterfly.

The tank already had 6 damsels and a blue-face angel in there and they were very happy in there.

When I added the blue-ring angel at first he was very active and running from a corner to another (100G tank) now he looks like is dying, he has white spots on both sides and his eyes look like he is blind they got a cloudy color.

Many times he was hitting himself from the sand and from the rocks (I hope you know what I mean)...

Now he almost not moving, not eating and no reaction waht so ever when I try catch him...

Any thoughts please?

the majestic and the batterfys look very happy and no chasing or fight have been what so ever between any fish

sorry to hear that...just let it go. maybe you can return it tomorrow morning to let you lfs hold it till it get better.

He should go to a quarantine tank and be treated with copper asap since it looks like a good case of ICH check the Sick section forum and you will have good advice there !
Good luck

I agree it should definately moved to a QT for treatment but I would suggest you also look into >>hyposalinity<< as a treatment. Copper is not affective against all types of protazoan parasites but the hypo is for the most part. The cloudy eye could be the onset of secondary infection or a basic bacterial infection from previous care, It can be treated with a gram negative anti-biotic if it does not improve on it's own after being placed in the QT. You will also need to keep tabs on you other fish for signs the problem has migrated. If so you will also need to QT and treat them.

How was the angel acclimated and where the other fish harassing it?

Moving to the "Sick Fish/Coral" section.

Cheers
Steve

when the angel start being sick, not moving, cloudy eyes and white spots on his body, all th eother fish, a blue-face angel, a majestic angel, 2 butterfly auriga and the damsels started harassing him big time...

to mention that he was the biggest fish in the tank, majestic and blue-face are smaller there were no fighting at all when he was healty and very active..

I don't think he acclimated at all in my tank, because he always shows signs of frustration and stress....hitting the rocks and the sand and swimming very fast...

I really don't know what was the cause, he is half dead he just moving his tail only very slow, I hope he will not die over the night, fisrt thing in the morning I'll take him back to the LFS.

All other fish look healthy and very active.

Acclimating such as did you let the bag float to adjust the temp in the water.. Use the discard half the bag of shipping water and replace it 1/2 cup at a time for about 20 mins?? There is an article about quarantine tanks for qt-ing fish upon arrival to make sure of no diseases and well as an article about acclimating the fish to the new tank both are listed under the articles section of this website.. I would suggest you read and follow both upon arrival of any new fish...

HTH,
James

Back
Top Bottom