my bubble tip anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilly

Aquarium Advice Regular
On my past thread most ppl said i dont have enough light for my BTA and it will die. So far this little guy is living and getting bigger. I had this guy for 3months now and it suddenly moved to another place. Is it normal for it to move now and why is it moving now since it loved the same spot at the very beginning when i put it in the tank. i havent fed it for a long time but i guess my clown is feeding it somehow.

They move when they are unhappy where they are at. Don't ask me how it could be happy in one spot for so long, then want to move. Have you moved or added any powerheads as of late?

How much light do you have? If your lights are on the lower end, I would suggest feeding it more. :wink:

Maybe not feeding it has it moving off in search of light or a food source. I'd go back to feeding it ASAP. Hopefully that will calm it down some. Good luck. I hope it settles down soon!

How do i know if its hungry. Right now the BTA is on the same LR but its more like underneath it now instead of stay on the very top.

i dont have much light i think i only have like 15W in a 25gallon tank.

I don't want to sound bad, or skeptical, but you will loose that anemone if you dont upgrade your lights. It will slowly starve to death. You can help with feeding it consistently, but IMO it does not have long. You have had it 3 months, sometimes it can tak that long, 6 months, or even longer for them to starve to death. Are you in a position to upgrade to compacts yet?

Sorry for the news, but it is the truth...

I would feed it daily or every other day as much as it will consume. Stop feeding it when it doesn't eat greedily. That's the advice I read on that anemone thread. Hopefully it will work for you until the lights are able to be upgraded. It growing is a good sign that it is getting at least enough food so it seems like whatever you were doing before you stopped feeding it was working for it. Good luck.

The reason I ask is that mine moved to the back side of a rock and I cant see him unless I am a the right angle. Thus, I have not ever fed mine. Do they filter feed too?

They derive most of there food through photosynthesis. If you had adequate lighting, feeding would be unessecary. They will also filter feed, but like I said, lights feed it mostly.

I always give mine a special treat every once and a while! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom