My cleane shrimp has strange black gunk on him.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abiroad

Aquarium Advice Activist
My cleaner shrimp I got on Monday has black stuff on him kind of behind his eyes ill post a picture. I'm just wondering what this is? He is acting totally normal, actually more active today then ever before.

I hope he is okay :(

Thanks guys!

image-3544301122.jpg

I'm also wondering if I should quarantine him if this could bother my other inverts or fish

went to my LFS he says he has never seen that before.
sad days no one can help :(

I would be more concerned if it was there after the next molt.
If you can quarantine him, it may drive a new molt ( I find shrimp tend to molt soon after changing tanks).

How is he behaving? Anything out of the ordinary? My peppermint shrimp is crazy. He will swim on his back, run on the glass like he's a hamster. Lol. Sorry cant help.

He is behaving totally normal which is giving me hope. He jumps all around ! The gunk does not seem to be bothering him at all.

How is he behaving? Anything out of the ordinary? My peppermint shrimp is crazy. He will swim on his back, run on the glass like he's a hamster. Lol. Sorry cant help.

He is acting totally normal which is giving me hope. He jumps around like crazy so it doesn't seem to be bothering him.

The antennae on my skunk cleaner turned red a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if he molted or if it just went away, but they are back to white now. (I have a fire shrimp in with him whose anntenae remained white.) I have no idea what caused it. He ate and acted perfectly normal the whole time. If yours is acting okay despite his mark, I wouldn't worry to much.

He hasn't molted yet :( he is still acting okay and it hasn't spread, I love him though! So I'm worried!

I remember someone posting a pic similar to that with their cleaner shrimp a whole back. Tried to find it but couldn't. It ended up being some kind of infection and their shrimp died. Hopefully yours fairs better. Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom