Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-15-2011, 05:54 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

my cleaner shrimp and my tangs

This is wierd, but everything was doing ok with my cleaner shrimp and my tangs, for 6 months. A month ago, I got my cleaner shrimp companion, and they were happy for a week. One day my oldest cleaner shrimp didnt come out to the rocks and I thought it was molting, but its been a month and I know it is not in the tank anymore. I was wondering what would happened to it as I dont have any carnivorous fish. A litte bit after it deasaparence, in the morning I found my new cleaner shrimp without any of its antenas. Yester I saw one of my yellow tangs bitting it on the little antenas... Now I know what happened with my other cleaner shrimp. Thats sad.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Really? The tang did it? I just lost FIVE cleaner shrimp and assumed it was my pistol shrimp. lol

Welcome to the forums by the way!!

Old 07-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Skype™ to amosora
What kind of tang?
Old 07-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'd be curious to know as well, I have a yellow tang myself....
Old 07-19-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Oh sorry for the delay. I have 2 yellow tangs, one blue tang, one sailfin tang and 2 foxface rabbitfish. Bad news. Yesterday, I saw my clown fish female eating my other cleaner shrimp. When I saw her bitting the cleaner shrimp, it was half way eatten, so I dont know who was the killer.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

By the way, this is my reef tank. ‪MPG_0006.MPG‬‏ - YouTube
Old 07-19-2011, 11:09 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Skype™ to amosora
You have such a weird tank as well. Anyways i think even fish have their own character maybe they were not educated enough lol feel bad for the cs though. I'll check mine from now on 2 cs & 2 fire shrimp.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:10 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I dont know if this happened beacuase of this.
A few months ago, someone recomended me to feed frozen brain shrimp to my tangs. I thought it was a good Idea, as the cleaner shrimp are carnivorous and they would get some too. Well, I heard not to feed this food to them everyday becuase they are hervivorous. Well, my tangs seemed to love the brain shrimp a bit too much hehehehe, so I decided not to feed brain shrimp to them anymore, I was afraid they would change their feeding habits. Oh well, I dont know if that has to do anything with my losses... I will always be wondering.

Tags
clean, cleaner, cleaner shrimp, rim, shrimp, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com