my clown died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jduny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
he's looked fine last nite but came home today and no more nemo.he's been in the tank for 5 weeks.i've been doing weekly pwc's.the water parameters have been good and steady.no major changes.i don't get it.any guesses?

Bummer. Sorry for your loss. :(

When you say that the parameters are "good", what are the exact parameters? How do you test? Has it been eating well? What else is in the tank?

Moved to the sick fish forum. I d like to see some hard number on your water test results.

amonnia=0
nitrate=5
nitrite=0
sg 1.022
ph=7.8
api master kit just did a pwc saturday.the ph is low but has been the same for 6 weeks now.no ammonia spike today from the dead fish either.those are todays numbers yesterday was the same.he was eating fine.his tankmates are a domino damsel and a hermit crab.

Did the clown and the 3 spot get along? The 3 is very very aggressive esp toward it's own kind.

If your 'my tanks' is correct, I'm not sure either, let alone both, belonged in a 10g

the clown bullied the domino alittle.he had is cave staked out and the domino wasn't allowed near it.but it never went the other way.really think the tank is too small?

The 10G put them in close proximity... all the time. It's gotta make you wonder. How did feeding go? It must have been ... wild....

Seems to me it would have been the other way around with the 3 being intolerant.

feeding wasn't bad i'd put a little food on each side of the tank and they stayed in their pocket.it really wasn't to wild.like i said as long as the damsel stayed out of the cave there was peace

the damsel doesn't look good now either.breathing fast and pacing back and forth across the tank.could something on my l.r. be killing them

You should re-test your water. What are you using for flow? HOB filter? powerhead?

I would not rule out a decent size water change for safety sake either at this point

did 20% wc.i hope the damsel makes it.the tests keep coming back the same.i have no clue.i'm gonna take some water to the lfs tommorrow and have them test it.

damsel's gone too.this sucks.only thing left is the crab.any advice on what to do now?i'm thinking water changes every 3 days for the next 2 weeks than try again.sound good?

i've done 3 pwc's what else should/could i do before i get another fish?

Back
Top Bottom