My Clown has a growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisa1804

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’m new to the marine hobby. I’ve only had my tank for a few months. It’s a 200l tank with 20kg of live rock and 10kg of ocean rock. All water parameters are as they should be - Salinity 1.023, PH 8.1, Nitrite, Nitrate and Ammonia 0.
In the tank I have 2 tank bread percula clown fish (had for 2 weeks) 3 red leg dwarf hermits and 5 turbo snails.
A couple of days ago I noticed a brownish spot on one of my clown fish's face near his gill. By the next day it had more than doubled in size and was lighter in color, looked like some sort of growth? The other clown does not have anything. The one which does doesn't seem to be affected by it. He is still active and feeding ok and his breathing doesn't look any faster. His eyes are clear and he is not trying to scratch against anything. Has anyone got any ideas?? Do you think it could be Lymphocystis (cauliflower disease)? The growth is quite warty looking but it is brown in color. Do you think a fresh water dip may help?

Thanks, Lisa

Welcome to AA!

It's hard to say without a pic, but sounds like it might be lympho. Improved water quality is usually all it takes for it to go away. Do a few 20% water changes.

If it is lympho, a fw dip won't do anything.

I agree on doing some PWC's. If you have a smaller QT tank that would be a good place to treat with daily 10% - 20% water changes.

Hi,
Thanks for your replies. I haven't got a seperate quarantine tank, all my water parameters are still reading as they should but did a 20% water change last night and will do the same every few days or so to see if it helps.
Thanks

Get a pic. There is no cure for lymphocyctis at the time being, if that is the case, but should clear on its own. Keep up the nutritional aspects and water quality.

Back
Top Bottom