my cone snails are dying...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

proverbs

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have a few bumblebee snails and had 1 Nassarius Snail. my nass got eaten by one of my crabs and the crab has been living in the nass shell for awhile now. my bumblebees are doing fine though.

well, i got 3 cone snails a few months ago and they died within a couple days, so i thought maybe the snails were bad. however, i bought 5 more snails from a different store a few weeks after and got the same results. anyone have any advice on what could be going wrong?

Do you know what type of conus or can you post a pic of the shell?

More commonly it will be acclimation problem but also with this genus, many are quite cool water species and will not survive our tanks.

FWIW, you don't really want to keep these guys as a community addition. They are high venomous (to you as well) and eat others snails for the most part. Some even eat fish.

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
...........FWIW, you don't really want to keep these guys as a community addition. They are high venomous (to you as well) and eat others snails for the most part. Some even eat fish.

Cheers
Steve
Could you elaborate Steve. Which species are you talking about? I'm confused.

sorry, i was talking about this snail.
lg_79739.jpg

it has a cone shape, so i thought it was a cone snail, but the name is Banded Trochus Snail.

Those are true awesome snails if you acclimate them slowly enough. They do need several hours of slowly dripping and a steady temp.

Do you have a sump?

Also, please post the actual numbers for salinity, temp, pH, alk, NH3, NO2 and NO3.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom