My Coral is going to die in a couple of weeks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weemanpow3

Aquarium Advice Freak
My algae proplem is now to out of control every week now I have to scrape the rocks. I am so sick it. I only feed my fish every other day. Please give me a solustion befor my Coral dies.

How long do you run your lights? Where and how many sponges or bioballs/wheels do you have?

We need more information about your setup first. Please post as much as possible and include all numbers for test included Amonia, Trites, Trates, PH, Phosphates, Ca, Alk, SG, Temp, Lighting-how long since bulbs been changed, how old is the tank...etc?

My whole setup

I just changed 5 gallons yesterday RO/DI water with salt

Tank = 30 gallon ( 5 months old )
Rock = 30 pounds live rock / fiji Premium
sand = 2 baggs
Protine skimmer = Corallife super skimmer 60 gallon
Filter = Aqua-Tech 20 - 4o gallon
Power head = AquaClear 30 - 50 gallon
Heater = Tetra 30 - 60 gallons (Temp 76 - 78 )
Lighting = 6x Coralife 10k 50/50 CF 20 watts. I have a total of 120 watts (I run lights 8 hours a day)
Tests = Salt (1.024) / Nitrite (0) / Ammonia (0) / PH (8.2) / Nitrate (0)
Food = frozen baby shrimp from petco.
These are the reding I got from the SALTWATER MASTER Kit.

you can look at my pics to see the protine skimmer or setup. may be hard to see the pics. There is no more algae wall, I took it off the glass

OK,
How old are your lights?
How much and what are you feeding your fish? How fast are they eating?
You might be able to add some more snails to your clean up crew.

Lights are 5 months old. I feed them little baby frozzen shrimp from petco.
I give them a 4th of one square or more. They eat like I never feed them.
As you probley or not read my post of my other one about why my snails keep dieing. I just dont know what to do right now. I need all the help I can get fast.

Try blacking out your tank for a few days to see if it helps. Turn off the light, cover the tank with newspaper for about a week or so.

No your corals won't die from 1 week blackout

Are you sure this wont kill my animmals in my sig. Did anyone else do this and did it work for them??? I will give it a try.

I've tried it before. I blacked out for 4 days. Nothing was pissed except my anemone who moved to another spot hoping to find light. Most of my cyano was gone after the blackout

I slowly removed the sponges from my canister filter.

Post numbers... phosphate and nitrates, silacates.. algae needs food and its getting it somewhere. check tank and new top off water and post numbers. You need to test so you can find the problem. blacking out will do nothing long term if the water still have issues

My whole setup

I just changed 5 gallons yesterday RO/DI water with salt

Tank = 30 gallon ( 5 months old )
Rock = 30 pounds live rock / fiji Premium
sand = 2 baggs
Protine skimmer = Corallife super skimmer 60 gallon
Filter = Aqua-Tech 20 - 4o gallon
Power head = AquaClear 30 - 50 gallon
Heater = Tetra 30 - 60 gallons (Temp 76 - 78 )
Lighting = 6x Coralife 10k 50/50 CF 20 watts. I have a total of 120 watts (I run lights 8 hours a day)
Tests = Salt (1.024) / Nitrite (0) / Ammonia (0) / PH (8.2) / Nitrate (0)
Food = frozen baby shrimp from petco.
These are the reding I got from the SALTWATER MASTER Kit.

you can look at my pics to see the protine skimmer or setup. may be hard to see the pics. There is no more algae wall, I took it off the glass
i

Back
Top Bottom