my corral is cheesed off bigtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carbon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all I have not posted n a while but I am having some strange occurrences with my tank upgraded to a 90 gallon from my existing bowfront I used to have; I have not updated my stats yet. I have been running the current system for about one year solid now no real issues until about a week ago. My corrals started not opening even after lights on for one hour. My frogspawn seems fine I have a lot of zoa that stay shut a toadstool corral that has not opened for a while and just recently sloughed of some slime. (Read somewhere that's what they do when the water prams/current aren't the best to their liking). my stony polyps also are not opening up to where they usually are. anyhow I usually do 10% pwc's every week and have been adjusting a Dkh vs calcium issue that I had finally brought to nominal levels(Bionic two part addative). then all of the sudden one night my skimmer starts blasting bubbles out of nowhere no additives as I had a nominal reading for three days straight. the bubbles kept going crazy so I am running without a skimmer for as of now two days the bubbles continue from the water return to the sump not as bad as the skimmer agitating it but still noticeable in the sump. Fish are all happy as can be and my BTA is a ok wondering if anyone has some advice or had the same thing going on? Sorry for the novel any help appreciated cheers!
:)
Tank Bio Info

90 gal
2x 150 Metal Hailide With Lunar LED
5 Gallon Refugium lots of Cheato 24 hr lighting
good circulation 4 power heads Coralia 3 I think..

swg 1.024
Ph 8
DKH 8.5 or 2.96~3.0Meq/l
Calcium 420ppm
Mag 1399
Phos 0
Nitrate 0
Amonia 0
temp 75 deg F

0 but the nitrite test has a few years on it nad is not a salifert, I may have to buy a new one now that you mention it..

Back
Top Bottom