my domino changed color....help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fisheye

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My domino is not black anymore; he seemed have lost his original black color and now looks almost all white. He behave and eat normally. What could have happened ? I have him since a year, I have him since he was less than 1 inches long. I am very attached to him and I cannot accept he will die. Does anybody know what is happening ? a disease maybe ? any clue ? any medicine maybe ? his eyes are perfectly normal.

Thanks

Are there any new additions(fish, salt, suppliments etc.) to the tank causing stress for it. What size tank? what other tank mates are in there?

What size is your damsel? Did this happen suddenly or over time? The reason I ask is that as Domino Damsels grow they do lose their black color and turn a whitish grey. I have seen them in displays at 5" + and in almost all cases they appeared to be light grey in color. If not for the shape I would not have initially recognized them as a domino.

The only new addition in the past 3 weeks is a feather duster. I recall that at night the domino used to rub the feather. I though was kind of cool. do you think I got infected with something ?

sometimes fish lose some of their color overnight, there was some guy in here the other day sweating it cuz his tang or something turned whiter overnite but he turned his lights on and went to work and when he got back it was back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom