My first yellow tang:'(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

libimagana

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought a yellow tang like about a week
Was doing good no problem the only problem is it like to hide in the rocks and last night something bad happen it got stuck and then it got really Bruce and it die I'm so sad
Any advise on the situation if I want to buy another one?

I bought a yellow tang like about a week
Was doing good no problem the only problem is it like to hide in the rocks and last night something bad happen it got stuck and then it got really Bruce and it die I'm so sad
Any advise on the situation if I want to buy another one?

I am by no means an expert and I hope others respond but I also purchased a yellow tang almost 2 weeks ago. It was and still is very skidish and seems to hide in the rocks quite often, especially when I approach the tank. I also noticed it didnt want to eat. Earlier this week I noticed bruising on its side and its side fin half off. I now have it in a QT tank so I can medicate it and have fed it dried seaweed and have now seen it eat finally!

Do you know what happened to your tang? What size tank and do you have other fish?

My tank is like 90 gal and is got stuck in a rock after it finally got out it had Bruce all over then it stop swimming and it die
This morning wen I woke up

Did it get stuck within a single piece of live rock or within a nook created by multiple pieces of rock? Perhaps some aquascaping could be in order however it sounds like it was more of a freak accident. The only other suggestion if you didn't already is to drip acclimate the next tang and introduce your fish slowly, with as little stress as possible (lights off, quarantine any bullies within the tank etc) to see if that helps with it hiding within the rocks so much however it may just be their common behavior (again, I am no expert)

Yes it got stuck in the rocks I have to be care full,
Your yellow tang probably got parasite
Hope fully it get better in the quarantine tank u probably need to treat the tank too

Back
Top Bottom