Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

My fish keep dying? Please help

Hi.

I'm very new here to this forum but have been reading it for some time.

I have a 55gal saltwater aquarium that has been up for about 3 months now.

A few days ago I noticed a little white spot on the head of my chromis. Per the recommendation of my local pet store I treated the fish with Pimafix for 2 days. Everything seemed to be fine (aside from his white spot) this morning when I feed them he ate very well. I come home from work and he is dead.

I noticed my very sweet coral beauty angelfish appears to have ich so I go to another local pet store to get some medicine and have my water tested. I get Nox-Ich and follow the direction and my water test came back "perfect"

NOW! my royal gramma has all of its fins practically eaten away and seems as if he is going to be dead soon too. I have no idea what is going on. This has all happened in a span of about 3 days.

Can some one please offer any insight? I absolutely hate it when my fish die.

Regards

Old 03-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #2

I see lots of people viewed this thread and no one replied. Moving forward, was there something I left out? Was there not enough information? What can I do, moving forward, to be an active member of this community?

Regards

Old 03-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just saw the post now. Some basic info, How did you cycle your tank? how long did it take? How much LR? What are your latest readings? Salinity, Temp, Ammonia, NItrite, Nitrate, anything else you've tested. How do your acclimate your fish?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Also, how many fish? any other critters (inverts and such)?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #5
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Read these articles on ich to learn about the parasite and how to get rid of it. Your LFS has not been a big help.

An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: A Quarantine Tank for Everything by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part I by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part II by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #6

Thanks for all the replies. Below is what I've done -

Set up a QT (didn't have one originally)
Treated with Furan-2(anti bacterial medicine)
My coral angel will be dead by lunch - was completely fine last evening was eating and everything. This morning he has lost all color and is on the bottom of the tank. My remaining fish, a clown and 2 gobys, seem to be doing ok. I won't be holding my breath though.

Thanks guys - hopefully moving forward now that I have a QT I can avoid a total wipe out of my tank. I lost like over 150$ worth of fish. Aside from the money I absolutely hate it when my fish die.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

can you still post your test results,you've asked for help but it cant be given without this info nxb161 has asked for

David S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dyi, dying

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com