Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-07-2004, 04:20 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Some are definately better than others. Some knowingly give bad advice, some are just mis-informed. I have a small store here with an overprotective type owning it. But he's not real well informed about some things, like names of what he's selling. I bought a pair of skunk cleaners from him a long time ago and had to explain what I was talking about as he'd never heard them called that. Last time I was there I commented on the nice porcelain crab he had sitting in an anemone. He said "That's not a porcelain crab. That's an anemone crab". Then he sold me a "sebae" clown that was obviously a clarkii. But he's good intentioned. On the other hand I still buy from larger chains if the price difference is too large and I try to help the employees out from time to time since they're generally clueless.

indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 07:07 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Phyl, still keep a watch on that tang. How big is he? If larger, I'd really watch him for agressiveness. Like I said, it may happen or it may not. Mine picked on a foxface rabbitfish (same color, similar body). Sometimes he would nip at my brittle star leg. Just once every once in while, it seemed to show who was boss. The other fish were just fine with him as quite a few came after he did.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com