My goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caitlin.knutson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My little grumpy man. He is a small yellow frowns faced guy. He used to be bright yellow and always sitting on top of my live rock. But now he is white and never comes out from under the rock unless it's feeding time. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433263416.013927.jpgAll my levels in my tank are all good. No new fish added. I have no idea what has caused this. I looked up online a website said it could be because of its sex. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433263369.194851.jpgPlease help.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm only aware of stress causing a yellow watchman to pale in color. If this has been going on for awhile, I'd look at parameters to see if anything is going on there, good water movement for co2 removal...so on.

Believe it or not this is quite common. I have had 3 of them do the exact same thing. lol I asked my LFS and he told me sometimes they come in like that sometimes they just lose their yellow. Mine still lived for quite awhile so I don't think it will hurt him.
I too thought it was stress initially but after having a few do it and confirming with the lfs it seems it's just hit or miss.

Oh okay. Thanks both of ya'll like I said all my levels are good. And the salinity is good. Do I have no idea. The water flow is pretty good too. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom