Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

It should come back around and colour up if the conditions are right. What kind of lights did you say you had? How old is the tank? If the water parameters are stable it should start to recover. As for nems in the shade is it possible to turn the shells upward? Don't move the nem itself but try and tilt those shells so they can get some flow and more light.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:36 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
How long have you had the white one? As mentioned, it's not doing very well. The gaping mouth and lack of color are things you don't want to see.
What size food are you trying to feed them? It's quite stressful for an anemone to digest large pieces of food.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:54 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I was given this tank about a month ago then had to move it to another house. Before that the tank had been set up for about 3 years. The lights are LED Marineland, the previous owners said it was high power and made for coral. I tilted the shells (the fish are quite pissed at me) and the white one moved towards the center of the tank and the other two are just chillin where i left them. The one still in the shell is eating smaller than dime size chunks of fish. The one in the middle eats the same. I have tried to feed the white one the same size and it doesn't eat it. I then tried mysis/brine shrimp and it seems to grab them then release them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010790.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	242.1 KB
ID:	195707   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010785.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	195708  

Old 09-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazycricket21 View Post
I was given this tank about a month ago then had to move it to another house. Before that the tank had been set up for about 3 years. The lights are LED Marineland, the previous owners said it was high power and made for coral. I tilted the shells (the fish are quite pissed at me) and the white one moved towards the center of the tank and the other two are just chillin where i left them. The one still in the shell is eating smaller than dime size chunks of fish. The one in the middle eats the same. I have tried to feed the white one the same size and it doesn't eat it. I then tried mysis/brine shrimp and it seems to grab them then release them.
I'm sorry to say you've been duped. The marineland LED lights are not strong enough to sustain anemones. That fixture has trouble keeping some soft corals alive in a deep tank.

I would return your anemones if possible or upgrade your light.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:00 AM   #15

So i can't return the anemones (i'm in Japan). What light would you recommend?

The tank is about 20 gallons (give or take) and the light is 14 inches from the sand.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:33 AM   #16

So thanx to you guys the little white one is already starting to look better. I found a little LED battery powered light (for power outages). The white/clear has already started to turn green after 3 hours of the new light being taped to the front of the tank. I could still use some help with buying a new light for the tank.

Thanx again guys!

Old 09-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't think a battery powered LED light is the way to go. What is your budget for this tank? Many on this forum are having good results with this-
New Dimmable 120W Aquarium Coral Reef Fish Tank White Blue LED Light Black US | eBay

You'll have to get creative hanging/mounting it, but it will work well. You'll need to dim it to about 30% initially.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #18

Oh i know that the battery powered LED is not a forever thing! I was just really excited that it helped the little guy right away.

Is that light a good permanent light for the tank? I only plan on having the clowns with the anemones.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes. I'm using 4 of them over my 300. They are very good for the money.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #20

Do you think I could just have one or do I need two?

Tags
bubble, bubble tip, eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com