My Moorish Idol Died :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey I fell you man for your lost. Especially when you love your pets so much, man it hurts. I changed one of my fish tnaks to a reef and had a black longnose for amlost a year in my other tank and once it was placed in the new tank 3 weeks later, it died. This hobby I shall never quit since It give me so much joy and help with my stressful career. I hope you don't quite man, since everyone in life try's sometime sometimes and just doesn't work. It messed up that such a beautiful fish is so delicate.

hey rev sorry for your losses we understand how you feel :cry:

Thanks Again all for your words of encouragment. I feel a little better today, and am ready to continue on in this hobby. Nothing could ever take the place of the idol though. :wink:

copperbanded butterfly ?? great looking fish !! but not real coral safe or feather duster safe at all

During the qt process I lost the Moorish Idol, and a Yellow Tang. I am a bad daddy

I think the fact you had them in QT makes you a good daddy!

Sorry to hear about your lose though...I think he was sentenced to death as soon as he was collected from the wild and the only thing you did was make his time left enjoyable, so i think you should take some comfort in the fact that he was at least happy for a while before he left

now days with the growing trend of glow fish who knows they could turn the banner into a moorish idol ?!?!?!?!? lol j/k

Aw buddy, so sorry to hear this :cry: . He could not been in better hands, just a tough fish to keep.
Try the Heni, pretty tough fish. Not as majestic, but a friendly and personable fish.
As you know I have 2, they are my favorite.
Once again sorry.....

Thanks again for all your sentiments. You people are awesome! Thanks for helping me feel better about all this. You know when things happen like this you try and think back about what you did, and what you could of did better. I dont think I could have done any better. I know it was a tough fish to keep alive. Of course I will never again get a Moorish Idol. I don't think I would even if I thought I could keep it. There will be only one Gill. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom