Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-05-2006, 06:24 PM   #11
Originally Posted by stripes
steve-s: Sorry about not answering your previous post, it appeared to be more like wisps of mucus/cloudy like substance. I was reading through the articles section and after I read the Marine Velvet (Amyloodiniosis) - Written by Kurt Reis (quarryshark) it appears to have very similar symptons, but I could be wrong.

When I took the fish to the lfs I mentioned that these were my first clown fish and was worried about the one that appeared sick to me and asked them if they could quarantine it since I believe they have more experience in it than I do. I don't know if it was because Im in there pretty much every weekend or cause they felt bad but they agreed to help me out and I will pick up the fish this weekend.
Velvet is definately a possibility but the more realistic probability would be Brooklynella. Be sure that when you go back to the LFS you find out how they treated the clown (if at all) and with what. Both maladies have completely different treatments and cannot be combined. Also, one week will not be enough time to ensure the clown is problem free. It would be a large risk to take it back after only one week. Treatment for either afliction should take about 2 weeks minimum plus recovery time after the fact to guage success.

Old 01-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie
After reading through numerous post here Ive been trying to avoiding doing things in a hurry so when I go this weekend I will ask to see what was done, what was used and also if they were able to pin point the problem. After what you wrote I doubt I'll be taking the fish home with me. Ill keep you posted.

stripes is offline   Reply With Quote

clown, ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com