My pagoda Cup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisc0930

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have a pagoda cup coral that I have had for going on 4 yrs now. The other day it was tan, today it's completely bleached. I tested all my parameters and all is really good so I have no idea what happened. It's been in the same spot since I bought it. I moved it to the bed of my tank but I just do not get it. I have pics below, the first pic was the before the second pic is now. But for some reason my phone is taking a pic that makes it look darker but I swear it's ghost white.. Any ideas? Can I bring it back? I just fed it plankton the other day....

Attachments

• image-608362179.jpg
    image-608362179.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 60
  • image-1538550151.jpg
    image-1538550151.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 72
All the polyps look to still be out so it should be ok. What type of lighting do you have?

Any chance it got a dose of salt cake? A while back I accidentally knocked some salt build up off the cross brace into the water. It landed on my P Cup and it also bleached a small section. It has recovered since, but I was fortunate it was less than 5% of the total cup.

All the polyps look to still be out so it should be ok. What type of lighting do you have?

It's under reef compatible led. Should I leave it on the bottom of my tank? Or should I move it back to the top where it was?

Any chance it got a dose of salt cake? A while back I accidentally knocked some salt build up off the cross brace into the water. It landed on my P Cup and it also bleached a small section. It has recovered since, but I was fortunate it was less than 5% of the total cup.

You know what that might very well be possible.. I remember some falling into the tank recently but I do not think it was a lot. I'm not even sure if it fell directly on the pagoda....

Back
Top Bottom