Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-22-2005, 01:17 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

It could be that there is not enough filtration in the system. SW fish need a lot of filtration IMO to function normally.

Mike

Old 01-22-2005, 03:34 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

between the Remora C and the emorer power filter, i think there's plenty of filtration going on. I'm not a marine biologist but i know my filter moves a large amout of water every hour. Onto another possibility. Parasites. Could there have been a parasite in the frozen brine shrimp i was feeding him. I doubt anyting could live after being froze but i'm just asking. (shame on me, stuipid question)

To answer the other question, I have not introduced any other specimen into the tank. He's the last fish/organisim i put into the tank myself. He's been in there probabaly a month and a half now. He's been all good up to this point.

Old 01-22-2005, 04:53 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

You can't really count the flow from the Remora C. I have a 55 with 3 powerheads (total about 770gph) and a Remora C, and I still have dead spots in my tank. You might want to consider a powerhead or two.
55 gal. reef. Coralife lunar lights 4 x 65, 120 lbs live rock. Remora skimmer, 3 power heads. 2 tank raise false percula,2 pajama cardinal,hermits, snails, Xenia, leathers, mushrooms, polyp frags, yellow sea cucumber, And last but not least - the miserable mantis.
Terry
stusclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 12:15 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree..you want about 10x the gph per size of the tank.

Mike
Old 01-25-2005, 05:01 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

thanks for the help guys, but I lost him. He seemed to be coming around there for a few days and I thought he was going to pull through whatever infection he got, but he didn't make it.

I will take into consideration what you guys have suggested. Maybe more flow and filtration is good. I could possibly use a UV sterilizer too i'm guessing since i aparently have some nasty bacteria growing in the tank. Thanks for all the help.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:38 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry for your loss

Tags
butterfly, cap, dyi, dying, fly

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com