My percula just bobs up and down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowdude

Aquarium Advice Activist
My percula just bobs up and down @ the sand bed, he does this for long amounts of time, but also swims around? Is this normal? Also my blenny was chasing him last night.. after a while the blenny stoped. Should I beware?

Once percs are happy with a particular spot, they rarely stray far from it for long periods. "Bobbing" in a motionless state is also normal. If the clown is eating well, shows no sign of a parasite or has any appearant breathing problems; it should be fine. Just keep an eye on it for any changes in behavior.

As far as the blenny, it really depends on what type. Some will aggressively defend their territory while others will either ignore intrusions or just give a quick chase. If the blenny is not constantly harassing the clown, they will soon sort things out and establish boundries. In a 65 gal, there's plenty of room for the fish you have.

How long have you had the clown?

Cheers
Steve

It's still probabley just getting it's bearings so I wouldn't be that concerned. As always though it's good to check :wink:

All else seems normal?

Cheers
Steve

yah i think hes fine.. he just chills out.... he swims around every now and then like a maniac.. so all is good. My coral beauty is much more active though.

Back
Top Bottom