my poor anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My anemone hasn't been looking so great lately. He's out when I wake up, but not basking in the sun like usual, he stays in his cave kinda hidden, then sometime after lunchtime he is completely deflated looking just dreadful, I can always see his mouth, sometimes it looks open, but not gapping open. It's been going on for like 5 days now. I checked my water and everything seems to be in line. My ph is 8.1 and it could be bumped up a bit, but other than that, everything checks out...could he be getting ready to split...I hope it's that.

It is night time and he is fully out now, doesn't anybody have an idea if this is normal or if he might be getting ready to split? I know he's not pooping cuz that never takes this long...

Light too bright? Is it a new lighting system that he hasn't adjusted to?

Competing with one of the corals? Some corals produce toxic compounds to keep competition down?

Naw, i bought the lights this summer. I am not sure about the corals, the last coral added was in the beginning of november, so I wouldn't think so.

Back
Top Bottom