Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-28-2003, 10:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

My poor open brain coral

I now recognize when my coral is hungary! He gets bloated and puts out his tentacles. Unfortunatley when I try to give him shrimp he gets raided by: cleaner shrimp, my fish (especially the clowns) my snails, even my crabs will crawl up the coral to steal its food!! How can I feed this poor guy? He seems very happy otherwise.

"So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems...And God saw that it was good" Gen1:21
bizzybeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 11:38 PM   #2
steve-s

Get a size specific plastic food safe container (like a transparent margarine container well cleaned, no soap) and drill/punch a bunch of holes in it large enough for some water flow but small enough to keep out the "dumpster divers". When you feed the brain , just cover it to prevent it's food from being stolen. I also use a contraption like this... which is a coke bottle with the bottom cut off and an air tube glued into the cap to allow the food to pass through without losing anything to water flow or pests. It just cannot be left long as it restricts water flow.

Cheers
Steve
Old 11-29-2003, 12:34 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thank you steve, who knew it would be so hard to feed a coral!
"So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems...And God saw that it was good" Gen1:21
bizzybeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 01:20 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great idea Steve. I actually use the bottom half of the bottle to feed my Frogspawn. If i didnt, the wrasse would steal everything from him.

Tags
brain coral, coral, open brain

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com