My poor open brain coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bizzybeas

Aquarium Advice Freak
I now recognize when my coral is hungary! He gets bloated and puts out his tentacles. Unfortunatley when I try to give him shrimp he gets raided by: cleaner shrimp, my fish (especially the clowns) my snails, even my crabs will crawl up the coral to steal its food!! How can I feed this poor guy? He seems very happy otherwise.

Get a size specific plastic food safe container (like a transparent margarine container well cleaned, no soap) and drill/punch a bunch of holes in it large enough for some water flow but small enough to keep out the "dumpster divers". When you feed the brain , just cover it to prevent it's food from being stolen. I also use a contraption like this... which is a coke bottle with the bottom cut off and an air tube glued into the cap to allow the food to pass through without losing anything to water flow or pests. It just cannot be left long as it restricts water flow.

Cheers
Steve

Great idea Steve. I actually use the bottom half of the bottle to feed my Frogspawn. If i didnt, the wrasse would steal everything from him.

Back
Top Bottom