I have ich in my SW
tank and it's time for the QT treatment. I have a 10gal which I can use (I hope it'll hold all the fish) for 4-6 weeks.
1- ocelarris clown (1.5")
1- Pink Skunk Clown (1.5")
1- Bi colored blenny (2")
1- 6 Line Wrasse (1")
1- Brown Tang (2")
1. Will they be alright in such a small space for 4-6 weeks?
2. What should I put in QT tank? (live rock, a glass or cup, sand?)
3. I say leave them out for 4-6 weeks because that's how long it takes for ich to die in the original tank...is that true?
4. I have a medication called "ich away" (dies the water blue for an hour or so) that has worked effectively for my FW
tank, will it work for these guys?
5. Can I mix the water, get it to the right temp. and put the fish in immediately in the QT or does it need to go through a regular cycle?
6. All I have on QT is a heater and a standard filter...will this be enough with daily PWC
Sorry for all the questions...I am just so bummed and don't want to lose any of these guys (which I know I probably will
) Anyway, any answers to these questions would be great and any other advice from experience would be great also! Thanks guys and let's hope they make it!