My royal gramma has ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Little Ocean said:
Check my thread about oodinex treatment but a quarantine is always best way to go :)

Ok my quarantine is up and has been running for about 17 hours. 25% of the water I filled it with is from my DT and the rest is new water. I also put one of my DT filters in there to seed it. What do I do now?

Intro the fish and keep on eye on the water add the med and test test test lol

edit keep in mind that the fish are all ready stressed so lower room lights to ease things as much as you can from them.

Check all the parameters amm nitri nitra as it will need to cycle maybe not if filters from main tank should speed this up when these are good make sure temp sg ph is same as DT to keep stress of fish down, get them in and follow grizz's advice

Even if you have a good BB in your hob you may get a Amo spike after 2-3 days so dont panic you can change out some water and re-dose the meds to proper levels Good luck and pls keep us posted

Grizz said:
Even if you have a good BB in your hob you may get a Amo spike after 2-3 days so dont panic you can change out some water and re-dose the meds to proper levels Good luck and pls keep us posted

Ok will do! Another question!! Im going to be using seachem cupramine. It says it won't contaminate my substrate. Does that mean that after I use it as a hospital tank, I can one day use it with inverts? It says it can be removed with carbon.

No it WILL KILL all of your inverts watch those levels when dosing too It will seep into the sillycone and leach back into the water thats why i stick to the totes I had to reseal a 220g, my screw up and dosed it and could never figure out why my snails kept dying did every thing i could think of finely ended up taking all the sealent out and redoing the tank Nightmare!!!!!

Grizz said:
No it WILL KILL all of your inverts watch those levels when dosing too It will seep into the sillycone and leach back into the water thats why i stick to the totes I had to reseal a 220g, my screw up and dosed it and could never figure out why my snails kept dying did every thing i could think of finely ended up taking all the sealent out and redoing the tank Nightmare!!!!!

Oh man! Well I plan to you this as a quarantine tank for good so. Are you suppose to quarantine inverts? If so why?

What i did was mark the bottom of the tank under neath not inside with a marker that it had copper in it as a reminder. Most dont QT there inverts i do but im just chicken i guess and dip your corals before adding them to the DT just to be safe

Grizz said:
What i did was mark the bottom of the tank under neath not inside with a marker that it had copper in it as a reminder. Most dont QT there inverts i do but im just chicken i guess and dip your corals before adding them to the DT just to be safe

Ok good. So how do you about dipping coral. Also, can you still add coral even though my DT has ick?

I use a ready made coral dip forgot which one am at work so i cant go look :( Yes the ICH only attacks fish but it hitch-hikes on almost anything thats why i dip or QT every thing

Grizz said:
I use a ready made coral dip forgot which one am at work so i cant go look :( Yes the ICH only attacks fish but it hitch-hikes on almost anything thats why i dip or QT every thing

Ok. Even though I'm going to quarantine my fish, I can still buy corals? And yeah. When ya get time, please let me know what you use. How do you dip them? Just fill a bucket or what?

Back
Top Bottom