my rusty clown goby doesn't look good..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juice28

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hopefully he is just getting used to his new home...but i recently purchased a rusty clown goby and added him to my 47 gal high tank, emperor 400 pump/filter.
he is 1 of 4 fish in the tank so he has plenty of space the other are a yellow tail damsel(he didn't mess with him at all but he was the submissive damsel i got rid of the big mean one)a mandarin dragonette, an excavator goby(also introduced with the clown, i haven't seen him since i introduced him I'm assuming he is still alive lol) a hawk-fish(about an inch-inch and a half long introduced about 3 days after) I'm not sure if the clown was wild caught or not. the water parameters are perfect, temp is about 78-79.5 averaging we had a serious cold spell so it dropped to about 77 for a about a day. i did a basic acclimation i have a small "critter" tank i placed in my main tank it has holes in the top so its full of my tank water i placed his little bag in the tank for about 50 min give or take and added a little less than 1/4 cup of my water to his bag every 15-20 minutes(the LFS put a lot of their water in the bag) the whole process was about and hr fifteen to an hr and a half give or take a few. i scooped him out of his bag placed him in my little tank for about 20 minutes he seemed really settled and then i let him go.. he has been bouncing around the rocks a lot but he is getting skinny, Ive tried brine shrimp my standard flakes, super fine pieces of diced shrimp.. and i have yet to see him eat...any suggestions?
and I'm looking for my excavator goby (he is a baby maybe an inch) i last saw him in a big piece of pumice i have probably the size of a volleyball with 1" holes drilled through it in various angles but haven't seen him since not even at night...other than my decorator crab and a juv emerald crab and some hermits.. that's it

Attachments

• CLOWN GOBY.jpg
    CLOWN GOBY.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 91
  • TANK 3-30-09.jpg
    TANK 3-30-09.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 95
Try feeding some mysis shrimp. Maybe also soak your food in garlic might help. I`ve never used it but I`ve heard others say it works.

Back
Top Bottom