my shrimp died why HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weemanpow3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just looked in my tank this morning and I found one of my fire shrimp dead and a molt. The fire shrimp was small and the tank perimiters are good and I did a 5 gallon water change yesterday. The molt was lieing about a 4 inches from where it died. What killed my shrimp. These 2 shrimps been doing so well and they play with each other. I feed them krill.

What else in in your tank? Was there rock for him to hide behind when he molted. They are vulnerable then.

Could have been just a sick shrimp. How long has it been in the tank?

Never any copper in the tank was there?

no copped, he was healthy, has been in the tank for 2 months no proplems, he moltes behind a rock. I have a 30 gallon tank with 30 pounds of rock.
Their is this baby baby emerald crab which is the size of a dime and That woudent kill it. Thats what I have in my tank in my sig.

The big shrimp molted and small shrimp died. What else could have happend

Wow i never thought that would happen to someone else. I had 3 skunk cleaner shrimps. 2 of them molted prior to this. One night, the last shrimp who finally molted died for apparently no reason... My other 2 were fine. 1 actually molted again yesterday w/ no problem. Wierd

It happened to to me, sometimes the just seem to have a bad molt and die.

I just noticed on of the legs are missing off my big blood frie shrimp. Will this grow back. Or what is going on with my tank

actually, with your snails dieing as well, I think you have a problem with either a) water quality b) acclimating procedures, or c)improper water change methods.

Are you making sure that the water is the same salinity, ph and temperature when you change it and that the water is well aerated and aged about 24 hours?

Good catch, Mrs. Hara, I forgot about that other post....

Back
Top Bottom