My torch coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

don1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Need some help

Hi there my torch coral isn't doing so well everthing else seems to be fine.55 gallon with t5 and t8 lighting 30 pounds live rock.cleaner shrimp,clown fish 2,tang and 2damsels.some blue crab and snails.leather corals.

Needs some help with it can't figure out why it's not doing well.part of it is turning white.everything in tank is doing great.

Attachments

• image-676361265.jpg
    image-676361265.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 158
It might have the brown Jelly disease. That head that is not opening at all looks like it might have it. If you start seeing the heads disintagrate I would break them off and throw away soon. It will move to the other heads soon. I had that happen to my torch. I had to break off 3 of the 5 heads and eventually it grew 10 more later on. This is what it looks like now.

100_1896.jpg

thanks ill see if that works.

Attachments

• phone 070.jpg
    phone 070.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 130
thanks

Thanks everyone for the help.i have fraged the sick piece and ill go from there.Again thank you very much.

i did it in the tank used an exato blade.they are very soft.you may also use dremrel tool that works very well. move the frag to new spot in tank and go from there.

My torch is doing better compared to yesterday.frag is flowing ok and the big torch almost back to normal.put the power heads in different area and it seems to be working let everyone in few days.

hey i was wondering if someone can help me out again not sure if i post this here or not.I just tested my tank again and my levels wevery diff from the other day.
ph 8.0
amm 0.25
nitrite 0ppm
nitrate 10/20ppm
is this okay should i do something or just wait.

Just to update: He came into chat last night and the NH3 was discussed; He used Windex to clean the outside of his tank before NH3 shot up, so I have a feeling that's what caused it. He was recommended to perform a 30% water change along with carbon use and if the fish/corals seemed to tolerate it well, which they should have, to perform another. It wouldn't hurt to crosscheck your readings with another/newer test kit.

Back
Top Bottom