My triggerfish has stopped eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lennytheblenny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My half moon triggerfish started getting small chunks out of his tail fin Which I ignored because he's an aggressive fish and I though they where from the other fish this started about a week ago.
Yesterday my trigger started hiding all day he didn't come out to eat so I left him until today to see if he would come out. When I fed them this morning he came out but he seemed disorientated and struggled to eat the flake food so I gave him some mysis shrimp to get him out and he stayed hidden. I thought he was dead so lifted out the rocks and he had wedged himself in the rocks so I loosened the rock and he hid in a different area so I put the rocks back and left him.
I have a 125l three year old well established tank with a natural filtration system. I have a foxface, cleaner wrasse halfmoon trigger and a halkfish. He has no signs of disease. I will be putting my fish in a 200l soon. Please help he's one of my favourite fish!

My half moon triggerfish started getting small chunks out of his tail fin Which I ignored because he's an aggressive fish and I though they where from the other fish this started about a week ago.
Yesterday my trigger started hiding all day he didn't come out to eat so I left him until today to see if he would come out. When I fed them this morning he came out but he seemed disorientated and struggled to eat the flake food so I gave him some mysis shrimp to get him out and he stayed hidden. I thought he was dead so lifted out the rocks and he had wedged himself in the rocks so I loosened the rock and he hid in a different area so I put the rocks back and left him.
I have a 125l three year old well established tank with a natural filtration system. I have a foxface, cleaner wrasse halfmoon trigger and a halkfish. He has no signs of disease. I will be putting my fish in a 200l soon. Please help he's one of my favourite fish!

How old is he? Any changes in the tank? Sanity, PH, Nitrates? What's his size as well?

He's at least four years old. All the other fish are fine and I did a big water change which drained two thirds of the tank yesterday (he was acting weird before and after the change) I haven't checked the nitrates but all the fish seem fine.

Iv turned of the lights and he swam to the top of the tank and has wedged himself in between the power head and the back of my tank

There's no sign of disease and iv done a few big water changes before and he's been fine

He died about half an hour ago. He seems to have some grazes on his face these are the pics

Attachments

• image-1178351139.jpg
    image-1178351139.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 107
  • image-4184962926.jpg
    image-4184962926.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1722735457.jpg
    image-1722735457.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 121
Thanks for the sympathy. I do have good news I'm 85% shore that i found the culprit, my foxface

Back
Top Bottom