My turbo snail... will he escape?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have my 50 gallon with a turbo snail in it. the top is not done yet ( i am making it) only half of its on, It has a wood lip about 1/2 inch inward from the glass edge can he or will he get out of that?

Ok cool. It has fell twice now and landed on his back and couldnt get up and so I had to turn him back over. I dont think he is going to last very long. We will see though. Oh I have only had him one day too. The hermits seem happy although they were fighting earlier.

I lost a snail too, he started looking "not so well" then he died, Not sure why, but thats the way this game gets played. The ones I have that are healthy can turn themselves over with no problem, they might have to come almost all of the way out of their shell to do it, but they can.

Is this a fairly new tank? He might not have enough food...... Just a thought.

Wade

I have an open top and my snails sometimes get to the top and are sticking outta water but dont worry they should be ok. sorry this is a little off topic but make sure you have extra shells in there for your hermits. They were prolly fighting over each others shells. When I first got in the sw game I had a couple hermits rip there boys outta there shells just so they could use them.

haha. Thats funny. I figured they would fight over the shells I will get some and put them in there. Thanks for the tip.

my snails get close to the top of the water line but they never try to slither out

Back
Top Bottom