my xenia isnt doing good :( i think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dmon1123

Aquarium Advice Regular
i had my Xenia for bout two weeks now or a lil longer and it started adapting really good to the tank like the roots were getting color to it. yesterday morning i was cleaning the tank and accidently made it fall off the rock and hit the sand bed i put it back and its been closed ever since :( any advice?

Just leave it be and it should recover in a few days.

okay thanks so much and yeah its starting to open up already and im prob going to upload a pic of it soon but i think its growing another root

They are strong. Once its happy it will spread like wild fire. My peice I found on lr (and bought rock from lfs for 2 bucks) is now 10 seperate xenia. It even has two colors. One pulses the other does not.

Oh, one correction....as far as roots go...it's an animal so that would be a "leg"....hahaha lol

thanks so much and i just dont get why its not pulsing im pretty sure i have enough lighting for its only in a 10 gallon tank how long does it take for it to grow a lot bigger cuz its so small like a frag i want it to be a colony lol

Lots of types of xenia not all pulse, some do some dont. My xenia pulses its a type of pom pom xenia, i love it, stops pulsing if my water quality gets bad.

Back
Top Bottom