my yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smonkey15

Aquarium Advice Freak
had black spots, some type of parasite. so i quarantined him and lef the display tank fallow for 6 weeks. i put him back in about a week ago. i noticed he has one very small black dot on his tail which he got right away. he has had it for about a week now. no new spots, and that one hasn't gone away. is this the return of parasites? should i expect to see more? i dont understand why he would start to get one parasite and then after a week there would be not a one more black dot. i'm hoping maybe this is somehting else and is not a parasite. also, i have put a cleaner shrimp in since re-introducing him tot he tank but the tang is to scared to let the shrimp ride him. is the shrimp able to effectivly contain parasites in my tank?
steve

Smokey, while the shrimp is not a "cure all", they do work wonders. Eventually the tang will allow the shrimp to "caress" it with its feelers. Riding may never occur. They are a few diffferent parasites that could be suspect here. As you know Tangs typically fight off Ich, lateral line erosion, and some fin rot. The trick I have used with cleaners are "buy them in three's" They dump eggs all the time and feed everyone, and they are more efficient at cleaning in "teams". Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom