My zoanthids wont open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leeb343

Aquarium Advice Regular
Help my zoas won't open it was open when I frat out in my tank but closed after a couple of days and hasn't opened since I have moved it about a couple of times any ideas ?

Leeb343 said:
Help my zoas won't open it was open when I frat out in my tank but closed after a couple of days and hasn't opened since I have moved it about a couple of times any ideas ?

Where do you have it in the tank? High? Middle? Low? On sand? Zoas don't need tons of light, they might be getting too much light where they are.

Need more information:

Tank size?
Tank Age?
Inhabitants?
Temp?
Salinity?
pH?
NO3?
NH4?
NO2?
PO4?
Ca?
Alk?
Mg?
Lighting?
Flow?

150 litres 3 months old temp 77 salinity 1.023 nitrite o.1 calcium 420 magnesium 1300 lighting t5 tubes placed at the bottom out of flow or slight flow

Also ammonia 0 phosphates 0 with a pair of clowns a yellow tang a cleaner shrimp a hermit crab couple of turbo snails

How much T5? Duration of lighting?

How about your alk?

did you mean your nitrAte was 0.1? Or you have detectable nitrIte? If you have detectable nitrIte that is a problem.

Are there any other corals in the tank? If so how are they doing? Especially any other zoas that are doing ok? Have you examined the zoas closely? I had a colony get zoa pox and it dang near wiped out all the zoas in my tank - probably 200 heads.

Back
Top Bottom