My zoos have.... Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFrik

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I noticed that some of my zoo polyps have small white spots on their body. What are they? Are they bad? If they are, how do u treat it?

Thanks alot

I think you posted you have a LTA? Is it possible that it has been stung?

I have a BTA, not LTA. The orange zoos that are touched by my BTA doesn't have any spot (at least i don't see any lol). The other 2 colonies have them. I'll try to post some pics when my 10,000k comes on.

The pics came out really blurry and i can't even tell the spots in the pics...

Anyway, the spots developed into small whitish patches on my zoos' stalks. My zoos are showing weird behavior. The stalks are skinny and some of the polyps wouldn't open or open really lil.

I think my zoos have gotten some kind of fungal infection. Can anyone tell me the FW dip procedure for zoos? Thanks

ICH only will host on fish. I don't know anything about a FW dip for a coral, it seems that might kill it, if not then it might stress it enough that it might not make it....I'm not sure about corals....

I wasn't really saying my zoos have ich... lol I was just saying that to get attention. Plus the spots used to look like ich.

I came across some post in this forum that was talking about FW dip zoos before putting into main tank to remove fungus and parasites but i can't find the post anymore.

Fw dip is not a good idea for fish or corals. I have done a Iodine dip for corals. Just dont know about Zoos. Also corals cannot get ick.

Take a bowl with Saltwater from your tank and add amount that bottle says and set coral in it for about 10 to 15 mins and then return coral to tank and water down the drain. I usually add 6 drops of lugol`s to about 1/2 gallon of saltwater.

If it was my coral I would put a cap of it in a bowl of saltwater from your tank and set it in there for 10-15 mins. But it is not my coral so I would wait to see what the others say first. Let me ask you why do you need to dip him anyway?

Have u been readin this post? XD

I'll just sum it up. "All" of my zoos had whitish spots (look like ick but except on zoos). Recently, they have developed into flatter patches. Now the zoos' stalks don't look as health as they did before. I suspect of a fungal infection.

That's y i want to try FW or Iodine dip.

Ok But dont do the FW dip. Do the iodine dip. I believe the FW dip will hurt it. Sorry about not getting the drift. Yesterday was a rough day. Again do the iodine and Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom