Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-03-2005, 08:43 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
All my guns are in my name anyways...so they already know I have them.

Common misconception, even though you registered when you bough them, that form stay's at the firearm dealers, the fed's don't get it unless they are trying to trace that gun because of a crime or something. I used to work for a FFl dealer and we kept those forms in the back room in a file safe. The only time they are turned into the fed's in bulk is when you loose your FFL or close up shop and turn the FFl in. Still all mine were in the same boat as yours when it sank. Which lake was that anyway ?

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:52 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to AR15 guy
True. I have heard people say your paperwork doesn't go past the shop.

I am still not worried about posting pics online. I always blur out my serial numbers if you can see them in the picture.

I can't remember what lake it was but I remember its being really big and really deep.

29 gal FW, boring...soon to be salt I think.

10 gal SW, 20lbs LS, 20lbs base rock, 1 unhappy domino damsel (he was in the 38...switched the percs and the damesel recently).
AR15 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:12 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
I can't remember what lake it was but I remember its being really big and really deep.
Good, then maybe kids can't get them and accidentally kill tmeselves or their friends.

Good grief.

Livestock I added:

1 skunk cleaner. 12 hermits: red, scarlet, blue. 15 or so assorted snails. Discosomas, Ricordia, Rhodactis mushroom corals, chaetomorpha (sump), 1 feather duster, Montipora digitata, Montipora capricornis, Montipora hispids. assorted zoos, Xenia, Kenya tree coral, green Sinularia, green star polyps, branching hammer coral, bubble coral, Devil's hand leather. Yellow chromis, purple firefish.

Hitchhikers: the usual suspects :crabs, bristles, urchin, mantis shrimp (now in exile in mantis tank)

List of possible/likely newcomers:

Feather duster. PJ cardinal, Bangghai cardinal, Firefish goby, Clownfish, Neon goby, Yellow watchman goby, Orchid dottyback. Various corals.
midiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:15 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Good, then maybe kids can't get them and accidentally kill tmeselves or their friends.

Good grief.

We are joking, I would never let my firearms get into a childs hands. By saying what we did, it's just for big brothers benefit. If they come looking mine I lost them in a boating accident as well.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:43 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to tnscuba
Ill check about dickson, so if i go with the 75gallon route,will i need 2 filters and more powerheads? Compared to if i stick with the 55gallon route.

I know that with my ideas of 100or 125gal..then i will have to double up on equipment and what not to maintain.

Can i get the same results if i buy "INSTANT Ocean" mix V. the pre-mixed salt water from the lfs? I know instant ocean is more inexpensive, thats about it.

Anyone reccomend a onlinesite, for basic stands for 75gal tank?
thanks AA. keep me in the know.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:47 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Will that shark be ok in such a small tank? They're big into swimming space aren't they? I don't know that species but as I recall they want BIIIIIiiiiiIIIIIIG tanks...

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:54 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to tnscuba
@phyl. thanks for commenting. but at this rate and $$ for college. i am going to hold off on the shark, ive heard 125 gal. to 175 gal. would suffice.

but no, at this point, im going with clownfish, ls, some things on bottom, maybe some lr if i figure out a superior lighting source for 75gal tank. Still reading SW books and trying to keep it simple until i get the tank. I like tangs, but heard more than 1 is too much, due to their aggressiveness.

I really liked hearing on AA, that some folks have handfed their fish (IE, clownfish are easily handfed, ive heard.) any truth? . any pictures or advice perhaps?
Old 04-04-2005, 01:41 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Some tangs will be ok together in a larger tank. Of course I would say min for the smallest growing tang would be 70g or more. Alot will need 120g or more. You can get different tangs that do not look similar, and if introduced at the right time, and in the right order will do fine. Again a bigger tank is a must for multiple tangs...
Old 04-04-2005, 09:52 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
I have been reading, saving money, and visiting fish locations for months now..I have approx. $1000 to spend on everything from tank to fish to etc. I need input and advice. I know i want at least 75 gallons and no more than 125 gallons. Will i be better off buying a tank and kit combo that includes filter, lights, heater...or buy separate? I want a SW fish only tank... Can someone reccomend me name brands of the filter, lights, to buy? A 100gal tank alone in nashville is about $375 @ aquattic critter. Do i really need a canister filter for a 100gallon tank? I do want live sand n clown fish in the tank. Please help me out
I have spent more than $1500 on a 30 gallon tank, counting everything, including test kits, salt, livestock, lights, etc. This hobby ain't cheap.

Livestock I added:

1 skunk cleaner. 12 hermits: red, scarlet, blue. 15 or so assorted snails. Discosomas, Ricordia, Rhodactis mushroom corals, chaetomorpha (sump), 1 feather duster, Montipora digitata, Montipora capricornis, Montipora hispids. assorted zoos, Xenia, Kenya tree coral, green Sinularia, green star polyps, branching hammer coral, bubble coral, Devil's hand leather. Yellow chromis, purple firefish.

Hitchhikers: the usual suspects :crabs, bristles, urchin, mantis shrimp (now in exile in mantis tank)

List of possible/likely newcomers:

Feather duster. PJ cardinal, Bangghai cardinal, Firefish goby, Clownfish, Neon goby, Yellow watchman goby, Orchid dottyback. Various corals.
midiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:46 AM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

I think ths is about what I have:

Tank - 75 gal drilled/internal overflow - $300 New
LR 125 lbs - $430
Sand - $100-130
Lights 2x250 MH/T5 - $250 used
Stand - $60-100 DIY
Canopy - $50-75 DIY
powerheads - $100 new
Heaters(2) - $40 new
fans/timers - $50 new
Skimmer - $100 used

My setup is a bit more than this but this is the basics. I used a 20 gal tank I got for free as a sump and the Mag7 for my return was free. There are misc. costs but that is the bulk of it.

Livestock is dependent on what you want. I have bought all frags pretty much so nothing real expensive. I did buy a $65 acro recently but that is the most I have spent on one coral.

HTH

Tags
setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com