Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-08-2005, 01:00 AM   #51
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to AR15 guy
E-bay has some great deals on aquarium supplies. You might want to check that out. I just got a bio-wheel 330 for 34$ shipped. Not to bad.

I would recommend aquaclear filters for HOB filters. They give you a ton of media options and are very quiet.

29 gal FW, boring...soon to be salt I think.

10 gal SW, 20lbs LS, 20lbs base rock, 1 unhappy domino damsel (he was in the 38...switched the percs and the damesel recently).
AR15 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:04 AM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

I have between 120-130 lbs in my 75 and I think it is too much. I would have to have more sand real estate for a clam or other corals. Put 30lbs of LR in it and then get some dead rock if you want more. If not run a HOB filter. HOB filters are good to run carbon if you dont have a sump. Look at the big Aquaclear line of filters. These have wide bodies and are great for a small refugium. You could get by with 1 lb per gal but keep watch you bioload.

LR is just nice because it filters and it looks nice too

Old 04-08-2005, 01:15 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to tnscuba
Ill check ebay--but i really dont like using paypal. Plus with all the scams now a day--i just want what i paid for. ya know.

I want to have a yt after i add my pair of clowns...but with all the yt people telling me how aggressive they are..im skeptical now. Anyone know of another tang for 55gal?

Which one is less noise, canister or HOB?

nashville
Old 04-08-2005, 01:19 AM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

My yellow Tang is not aggressive at all. Most say to add it last but they are not overly agressive. My damsels are another story though.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:21 AM   #55
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to AR15 guy
I had a small yellow tank in my 38 gallon a few years ago. He was very territorial. He never once touched my 2 clownfish BUT did eventually kill a royal gramma.

This time I am setting that tank up with 2 percs, 1 royal gramma, and possibly a firefish. No more tangs for me.

29 gal FW, boring...soon to be salt I think.

10 gal SW, 20lbs LS, 20lbs base rock, 1 unhappy domino damsel (he was in the 38...switched the percs and the damesel recently).
AR15 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:23 AM   #56

hahah thanks ellisz. Well i do plan to add it last (from what ive gathered)
right now im thinking a pair of clowns,tank bred, a red lip blenny(i think thats how u spell it) some creatures on the sand floor, a star.... can you reccomend another fish or 2 i will be able to add to this selection. colorful fish.

tennessee
Old 04-08-2005, 01:26 AM   #57

ar..thanks. to me each week i visit the lfs the tangs are always active and doing there left to right tank swims like buy me! buy me!! hahaha some of the colors of the other tangs dont really do it for me, so the yt has really grown on me.

i really want a pair of the black/white clownfish(percs?), but i know i have to have a pair of Nemos (tankbred). I havent read any success of establishing a tank with 2 pairs of percs..unless over 120gal.

what do you think of 1 blk/white perc and 1 orange tank bred?

thanks again.

615-tn
Old 04-08-2005, 10:24 AM   #58

I have had good luck with sailfin tangs but, they are not as prolific at grazing as yt imo.

Inverts
Green & Red Musrooms, Pumping Xenia, Green Star Polyps, Green/Purple Ricordia, Orange Ricordia, Green Acro, Bubble Coral, Hammer Coral, Maxima Clam, Crocea Clam, peppermint shrimp, various snails and crabs.

Fish
Yellow Tang, Mated Perculas, Bicolor Blenny, Elaegant Wrasse, Possum Wrasse, Clown Goby, Purple Pseudochromis, Coral Beauty, Golden Angel
seve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 07:41 PM   #59

tang

do u have any pictures of ur tangs you can send me or post on here?
i really have only seen blue tangs or yt. hahaha newbie

thanks

tennessee
Old 04-08-2005, 08:12 PM   #60

I have not figured how to post pics but, here is a link to sailfin tangs.
http://www.austmus.gov.au/fishes/fis...h/zvelifer.htm

Inverts
Green & Red Musrooms, Pumping Xenia, Green Star Polyps, Green/Purple Ricordia, Orange Ricordia, Green Acro, Bubble Coral, Hammer Coral, Maxima Clam, Crocea Clam, peppermint shrimp, various snails and crabs.

Fish
Yellow Tang, Mated Perculas, Bicolor Blenny, Elaegant Wrasse, Possum Wrasse, Clown Goby, Purple Pseudochromis, Coral Beauty, Golden Angel
seve1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com