Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-21-2004, 12:23 PM   #21
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhtree
They are also flat, not raised at all.
LOL... sounds like you might be trying to treat something that nature intended :P but I'd wait on a pic to be sure.

Cheers
Steve
Old 09-21-2004, 03:00 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

LOL....I hope so!

I'll try and get a pic.

Thanks!

Old 09-21-2004, 09:08 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok the pic is going to be a problem. I have had the tang for a week now. If I get 3ft from the tank, or sometimes walk in the room, the tang goes behind the lr.

Also, the tang will not eat much that I feed. It picks around alot on things, but will not touch the nori I put in the veggie clip. It will not seem interested at all. Should I be concerned about it's health?
Old 09-21-2004, 09:15 PM   #24
steve-s

Quote:
Ok the pic is going to be a problem. I have had the tang for a week now. If I get 3ft from the tank, or sometimes walk in the room, the tang goes behind the lr.
Then the only thing I would suggest is making an "educated" best guess. If you believe your original assumption on the ich was not accurate you can easily remove the Cupramine but be sure you leave the tang in the QT as a precaution for the remainder of a normal QT period.

Quote:
Also, the tang will not eat much that I feed. It picks around alot on things, but will not touch the nori I put in the veggie clip. It will not seem interested at all. Should I be concerned about it's health?
Try softening some broccoli fluorets and soaking them in garlic extract or even some mysis. The main concern is that the fish eats and doesn't really matter what in the beginning. Once it's accustomed to you feeding it can then be swapped to a more nutritious food.

Cheers
Steve
Old 09-21-2004, 09:50 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just boil the broccoli in water, and soak it in the extract?

Can I get the extract from the market?

How big a piece should I put in the tank?

Thanks Steve!
Old 09-21-2004, 10:36 PM   #26
steve-s

Quote:
Just boil the broccoli in water, and soak it in the extract?
A quick zap in the microwave should do and then a soak in tank water/garlic.

Quote:
Can I get the extract from the market?
Health foods stores, the LFS or simpley crush a clove of garlic.

Quote:
How big a piece should I put in the tank?
Start with something the size of your thumb to minimize waste. You can always add more.

Cheers
Steve
Old 09-22-2004, 11:10 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok I got a pic! I cropped it and put it on a black background, and added the arrows so that you could see exactly what I am talking about.

The tang also will not eat, and stays in the same spot all the time hidden in the shadow. :|
Old 09-22-2004, 11:22 PM   #28
steve-s

I can't really tell by the pic it's not clear enough to be 100%, sorry. It does not honestly appear to be C. irritans to me (as I said though I can't truely tell) but rather the lower one appears to be fungal and the upper one might easily be from collection. Sorry I can't be more help but you will need to make the call.

How soon after getting the fish did you notice these area's and has there been any changes/improvement since adding the Cupramine?

As far as eating, as I said do not concern yourself so much with nutrition at this point. Keep in mind that any type of copper will have some affect on the fish's appetite. The goal is to get the fish eating no matter what that is, even if that ends up being brine. Remember that foods can be fortified and once the Tang starts accepting foods, it doesn't take much after that to switch it.

Cheers
Steve

Cheers
Steve
Old 09-22-2004, 11:28 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

The priblem is Steve that when I add the food, and I have tried veggies, brine, pellets, flake, it makes no attempt for it or even moves for that matter.

As for the spots, I noticed them the first day, and they have not gotten better or worse.

Thanks.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:34 PM   #30
steve-s

Quote:
The priblem is Steve that when I add the food, and I have tried veggies, brine, pellets, flake, it makes no attempt for it or even moves for that matter.
Could be the tang is still reacting to you mabye? Might try a floating feeder like the ones for discus and placing some garlic soaked foods in there and see if that helps. Have you checked with the LFS to see what they used?

Quote:
As for the spots, I noticed them the first day, and they have not gotten better or worse.
If it's the same two spots and no others I would be inclined to think fungal or lympho. Both of which will not improve as long as the tang is not eating.

Cheers
Steve

Tags
naso

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com