Naso stung by rbta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefnoob84

Aquarium Advice Freak
As I sat down to feed the little boogers I watched my naso grazing next to my rbta got a little too close and got nailed by a tenticle. Left a mark! About 15 minutes later the left side of his face was white from his mouth to eye with a small piece of appears to be loose skin.

He seems to be ok still eating and swimming around. He's hiding more than usual and going to the cleaner shrimp.

The white area is gone but there's a dark spot about a mm long on his lip. Hard to get a good photo.

The rbta is shriveled up right now. Not too sure why. Could just be the time to take a poop.

I don't know about the sting, but he looks a bit skinny to me. Are you keeping nori in the tank for them?

He is a little thin he was in the qt for 3 wks then in the dt for a week and a half now. He's has a better appetite with every day that goes by. The lfs I got him from doesn't take good care of their tanks and this is the last fish I'll buy from them because of it.

I have nori but it's flakes and I can't clip or rubberband it to anything they just fall apart

As long as he's eating it, I guess it's ok. You can buy it from the supermarket pretty cheap (like 2 or 3 bucks).

As long as he's eating it, I guess it's ok. You can buy it from the supermarket pretty cheap (like 2 or 3 bucks).

he loves grazing on heads of broccoli and hes eating krill and mysis. he has been putting on weight when i first got him you could see his spine.

Back
Top Bottom