Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-06-2004, 08:04 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Interesting debate. However I think (my opinion) that one of the puposes of this board is to use the collective experience of the members here who take this hobby to varying degrees of seriousness. I think the question was whether to upgrade the tank size now or later and how fast does the fish grow. Most of us (I think) so spend a lot of money on this hobby for a couple of reasons:

1)We want to be responsible fishkeepers and provide as stress-free an environment as possible when we acquire our livestock
2)We want to make the right selections of fish and other livestock so that our little display has a better than average chance of surviving and being healthy

I think that responsible fishkeeping means doing enough research to understand the requirements of the various livestock, from its compatibility traits, to its space requirements, to its dietary requirements.

That is all that is done here, the decision is ultimately that of the member asking the question. That will never stop the amazing wealth of information I, and I am sure so many more, have found at this site and in my other research. As such yes, everyone is entitled to voice their opinion here. Some of us do get a little 'emotional' at what is perceived as 'less than responsible' advice. But like in every hobby, that underlies and examplifies the passion with which some of us persue this hobby and what allows us to give advice based on our experience.

I personally would never countenance buying a fish that was not compatible with my environment, so I would either change the set up or change the selection. Though there are many visually beautiful fish I would love to have, I would never do so at the sacrifice of my corals or inverts.

Nuff said. 8)

Happiness is defined by the joy we bring to the lives of others, for without that, we ourselves cannot be.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote

naso, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com