Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-07-2010, 04:34 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Instructions on the BiFuran+ says 5-7 days of treatment. I stopped after 7 days. I guess that is long enough to kill off all the bacteria. I wonder if it is better to keep it in my 10 gallon QT. I'll have to set up a filtration system for it or PWC everyday. That's why I moved it to the refugium instead. However, water there is only 4" deep and is crowded with mangrove plants and live rock. There is only a little space for it to swim around in. What so you think?

Old 11-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

if it were my fish and depending on its size, I would move it to a 20g QT and continue treatment. How is the yellow tang looking (had some fin damage as well)?

Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks for the response.

The yellow tang looks about the same with the fin damage. I am doing everything to lower the nitrate level in the DT. It is still at 20. I just bought more live rock and mangrove plants. The yellow tang is acting active and normal and will not be easy to catch for treatment.

How would you recommend continuing treatment for the Foxface with BiFuran+? Is it OK to use it for much longer than 7 days? Or should I space it out into groups of 7 days with so many days apart? What is the rational for the continued treatment? Isn't all the bacteria gone after 7 days? For humans, it is bad to take antibiotics for longer than the set course. Not sure if that applies to fish.

I only have a 10 gal QT. Would you recommend replacing it with a 20 gal or make do with it?

Tags
aqua pro-cure, fin, fin rot, melafix, revive, rot, tail, tail fin

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com