Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-19-2009, 07:40 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

no harm Zer0. my sump is only 30g sorrybout that. even if my other fish dont have ich do i still ned to qt them

Old 08-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #12
is back to save the day!

The other fish? No. If they dont have ich, then theres no need. Its only for the fish that DO have ich.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #13

so when they calm down go in for the kill?would u recommend i take them all out? the tangs
Old 08-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #14
is back to save the day!

Yep, when they calm down is when it would cause least stress on them, and you for that matter.. hehe
Old 08-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #15

ok caught pbt at about midnight, transfered him to 30g to start medicating. so far none of the other fish have ich. when i woke up this mornin turned on all tank lights pbt looked a little less stressed. my yellow and sailfin have started swimming around more since i removed the pb. i did a little measuring on my tank last night and i think it maybe either 75g or 90g. its about 4ft long 2-3ft wide and about 30 to 36in deep. thank everyone for the advise hope to talk to yall soon
Old 08-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Ummmm going by the base measurements you gave you would have a 150g...better double check those numbers since that is a vast difference from 75g or 90g.

You need to qt all the fish since the main tank must now remain fallow if ich is present. I can't imagine 3 tangs sharing a 30g qt unless very small so you may have to purchase another. I would return 2 of the tangs if possible. Hyposalinity should last around 30 days if done properly.
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:51 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola reef View Post
no harm Zer0. my sump is only 30g sorrybout that. even if my other fish dont have ich do i still ned to qt them
Yes you do, the ich is still present in your tank and is searching for a host which is your next fish. I'm going thru it now, I set up a 20 gal QT and spent 3 hrs getting the fish out of my 120 last night and into the QT, the only problem was I had to remove 150lbs of rock to do it. Your fish may not show signs of ich now but they will and when they do it's not nice, those moving salt spots took out my Caribbean Blue in no time, it looked like bubbles to me and I couldn't tell the difference, when I did spot it, it was too late. The DT tank is going to remain empty for 4 to 6 weeks to allow the ich life cycle to expire and the fish are now going thru Hypo for probably up to 8 weeks if need be. My mistake was not having a QT, now I do and from now on everything will go through QT.
Do yourself a favor and setup a QT and take care of it now. Do take caution, only the fish (and live rock with no invertebrates) can go thru HYPO with the exception of sharks and Rays. The decision is yours, I hope everything works out for you and good luck.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com