NEED HELP FAST!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sillyfishy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I wrote before about the puffers. I just added another one to the tank and the first puffer is biting the new one. Should I let them do they're thing or bring the new one back, will he kill the new one, he is a little smaller?? Help fast please!!!!!!

I dont know anything about puffers but I would isolate the new puffer until you can get a better response.

Agree with FF, I would also isolate or watch very closely. It is normal for fish to squabble a bit when a new one is introduced but if it doesn't subside, I would remove the new one.
IMO

Try to distract the old one with food. I used to do that with a very tempermental trigger, and it worked every time.

he is still being very agressive. I'm affraid the bigger one is going to kill the new one. He is a bit smaller. He is swimming with his tail tucked around him and he looks very scared. The big one is trying to take big bites on little one. I think he'll be better off if I bring him back :(

I posted in the other thread about if you have all those fish in your profile in a 55 I would take him back because IMO your pushing the limits of the tank with a large bioload. Unless you have a lot of LR and sump with fuge to help control nitrates.

I tried to bring him back but they wouldn't take him. Its been a few days and they are fine. They swim together now and the first puffer is more active. my profile has changed it's been awhile since I looked at it last. My eel died on the carpet and koran died of popeye... my nitrates are good, I have about 40lbs of live rock.

Back
Top Bottom