Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-22-2005, 11:54 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

I had an ich break out about 1 montha go, and on a 175 with about 250 pounds of LIve rock, I was not going to get the fish out. My Hippo had it bad, I swore he was a gonner. I started heavier than usually Garlic treatment with daily every feeding. In less than two days the blue tang had only little white scars not any bumps, and none of the other fish showed any signs. I kept up the Garlic for about 2 week and everything is great no signs of any ich, stress or negative reaction. Go for the Garlic and good luck.

Old 05-22-2005, 09:21 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to gooyferret Send a message via Yahoo to gooyferret
Thanks alot Mad, Im using the garlic like its goign outta style hope it works for the both of us!

Old 05-22-2005, 10:06 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

This is just a suggestion (and someone, if you know any better, please jump in here), but I would get a couple of cleaner shirmps or wrasses to help get the ick off the fish. They are not known to live very long so don't be surprised if they die after the ick is gone but they will clean it off the fish. Kind of a natural process instead of medicating the tank.

I don't know about the whole tank and having the ick in there for 4-6 weeks, so can't help there.

HTH

155 Bow front Reef tank w/
60 gal sump w/ refruguim, 20# of live rock, and protein skimmer and pump
200+ of Live Rock, with a 5-6 in sand bed.
3 Pendent Lights w/ 250K each
wave machine w/ 6 power head

2 P. Clowns, 1 Tomini Bristletooth Tang, 4 Shrimps, 4 emenaral crabs & lots of other snails & hermit crabs
Walpurgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 11:58 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to gooyferret Send a message via Yahoo to gooyferret
I have 4 pepermint shrimp are they known to clean ick off fish? They seem to clean the fish but not sure if it will help with the ick. Anyone know if they do?
Old 05-29-2005, 07:53 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Yahoo to melissfish
i personally dont think that reef safe treatments work well for ich, i used malachite green and tri sulpha and it did nothing, i only got rid of it after moving the fish to QT and treating with copper.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com