Need Help quick please.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yswong

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
There are some white spots or egg-like thingy sticking on the aquarium walls and NOT on the fish. What are those? Good or bad? If bad, what should I do? The fish tank has been up for 6 weeks and i got some damsels in there about a week ago and they look healthy.

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
A pic would help. Could just be tube worms of some type, although the tank is a bit young for those.

I have seen those before. It almost looks like some type of hard crust calcium deposits. Are they hard to scrape off?

Mike

Thanks guys!

I can't take pics of them. They are too small. Too many of them. It seems like they are "floating" on the walls or they vibrate because of the movement of the water. They can easily be scraped off. Thanks again guys......

And Mike, I'm planning on getting a Coralife PC for my tank. Are they good enough for soft corals and live rock? They have very reasonable price. Thanks.

You should be ok with the Coralife for most soft corals, and it will be helpful for your LR as well.

Mike

Could be baby snails. When I started my 12gallon Nano, after a month or so there were about 100 of them on the sides of the tank. Unfortunately, most have been eaten already!

i have had those before, but they were coming form flatworms(plinaria)?thanks zack

Should i get rid of them? Are they bad for the tank? If yes, how to get rid of them? Thanks. All the fish are still doing very good.

Back
Top Bottom