need help with Black Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fuvibo1

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have a 60 gallon fish and live rock only tank. My Koran angel have a black ich on the fin i want to know what kind of med is good to treat him with. i start noticing it last week and i went to the lfs but they were any kind of help all they tell me to buy is a bunch of med but didn't tell me should i used them together or use it one at a time and they also sucker me in to buying a 9 w uv light, in the tank i also have 1 blue demsal, 2 pink demsals, 2 black demsals, 1 yellow tang, and 1 diamond goby.
and today in the morning i notice the koran is scratching and flicking against the sand and live rock. any help would greatly appreciate

i have a qt but it is extremely hard to catch my koran angel, it is super fast and if it felt that their are any kind of vibration in the water it will go in hiding between my lr, i have try to catch the koran and put it in the qt but it started to show a lot of stress so i stop trying to catch him, i really don't know what to do because koran is a fast swimmer but thanks for advice and i guess i will try to take out all the lr and try to dip him, oh and in addition to that for the freshwater dip, how long do i dip it and what kind of water i have to use and do i have to add a little salt mix or no, once again thank you :D

You use RO water, make sure it is PH and temp adjusted to match whatever tank he is coming out of. For an effective dip, go 5-8 min unless he starts stressing too much. By stressing I mean trying to jump out of the bucket of spitting water. An airstone in the bucket is a good thing also.

thanks for your help i will try to get a fish trap first and than try to catch the angel and perform a dip i will up date what will happen
thanks

Back
Top Bottom