Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-09-2005, 07:50 PM   #1
att
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Need Help with clown fish...

I am three days into treating my tank for Ich with a copper treatment and I noticed that one of my Sabae Clowns left eye is protruding out. He seems healthy and is eating well. Could this be inflamation do to the Ich? My other fish are not experiencing this problem. Any ideas?

Old 02-09-2005, 08:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Quote:
Could this be inflamation do to the Ich?
Most likely or a physical injury. What kind of copper are you using? A copper test kit?
Are you treating in a qt tank? What are you water parameters?

Old 02-09-2005, 08:36 PM   #3
att
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I don't have a qt tank so I am using my 6 month existing 65 gal. I am using Mardel CopperSafe and a Seachem test kit for the chelated copper. I did a test today and the results came back 0.3 mg/L. As far as the the other water parameters, I did tests yesterday and everything is within range.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:13 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
What else is in your tank? The copper WILL kill any inverts, corals and pretty much destroy your LR. There are much better ways to treat a system for ich, but you really need to get a qt tank first and move the fish there for treatment and then take steps to remove the copper from your display tank. If you choose to do so, we can help you with this.
As far as the eye, it is most likely due to a secondary infection for the parasite. Cure the fish from the parasite and keep the water quality high, it will most likely clear up on its own.
If not, you can treat with an antibiotic after the parasite is in check. This of course should also be done in a qt setting.

Tags
clown, clown fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com