need help with ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigggt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First i searched and just spent the past 30 minutes reading but could not come to an answer :D

I ave a 200 gallon FOWLR and 1 porc puffer,1 marron clown,1 purple tang and hippo blue tanf for about a year now,i asked here about a trigger and got some great opinions but the guy at the local fish store talked me out of a trigger because he said my puffer would be tormented to death.

anyway i decided on getting my favorite type pf fish and got a powder blue tang and a brown tang,i put them in the main tank(i have had more trouble with QT tanks in the past)and everything has been great for a week

Today i woke up to the powder blue tang with white spots :cry: and from reading this forum i know i should get them out into a QT tank but this 200 gallon tank has probably 500 pounds of liverock and would be really hard to get out

I wanted to add that the powder blue tang still is eating fine

What should i do

PLease help because the powderblue is gorgeous

thanks

There are products that say you can treat your whole tank but I don't know how well they work. If I were you I would take all the fish out and QT them for 6 weeks and leave your main tank fish free for that long too because you don't want to keep dealing with the same problem over and over again. I love tangs too. I have a powder brown that is gorgeous but they are still a pain to catch. Try using a clear bag rather then a net they can't see it very well and I have had more success with that then a net and all that LR. Good Luck :wink:

I had to vacate my 210 for a parasite treatment. Lot of work but doable.
Drain out much of the water and the rock to garbage cans, makes it much easier to catch the fish.
A qt treatment and a 8 weeks fallow period for the main are in order to erradicate this parasite.

Back
Top Bottom