1. Type & how long you have had it: biocube 29g, Nov 2013
2. Current lighting & Bulb Age: stock lighting, 4 months
3. Nitrate: 0
4. Calcium: 480
5. Phosphate: 0
6. Alkalinity: 6, while on the low side it's been at this level as long as I have had the coral. I have increased dosing but the level still stays at 6 or 7 when I test.
7. pH: 8.2
8. Salinity: 1.027
9. Temperature: 79F
10. Liquid or strip test kits: liquid
11. Location in tank: zoanthids are middle, Duncan and ricordea are on bottom on the sand bed
12. Current amount of flow: total 670 (biocube stock plus 425 powerhead)
13. Current tank dosing regimen: 25ml alkalinity 2-3x/wk, 15ml 3-ions (Ca
, Sr) 1/wk - dosed 1 day apart
14. Nearby coral: mushrooms above zoanthid, other ricordea and trumpet coral near sick ricordea
15. Explanation of problem: I have had my 29g biocube since Nov 2013 and have accumulated several pieces of coral. One zoanthid colony that I have had for several months has been doing well and had started to spread to another rock and was flourishing. But just today the portion that spread is barely opened and the polyps look shriveled. Additionally one of my Florida ricordeas didn't fully open yesterday and my duncan has not been fully extended for a little more than 2 weeks. I did dip the Duncan 2x in coral Rx over the last 2 weeks.
I don't have a quarantine tank.
Torch, trumpet, other ricordeas and zoanthids, mushrooms, micromussa, leather and pipe organ all seem ok. No new fish or coral has been added for several weeks.