Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 95
Need some advise.

I have had some ich issues going on so I made the decision to setup a hospital tank. Going from the 210 display to 100 gallon HT. Set it up with half tank water and half new water. Didn't have any filter from the display but threw in some LR to help with bio filtration. Waited a couple days and no ammonia. So started to move the fish over, over the course of a week and a half. After a couple fish got in there I noticed the ammonia creeping up. Got some amquel plus and ammonia stabilized at about .5. Ph is 7.8. I have done 4 water changes in about a week and a half. One about 70%. Two of the others was water from the display. about 30 - 50% the rest. This has not stopped the ammonia creep. Ditched the amquel after a couple doses and got API ammo-lock and stress zyme+ to help with the biofiltration. Well the ammonia is reading 2 ppm on an API ammonia test. The fish are showing no signs of stress what so ever. Eating great, even though it is every other day or more and a small amount as to not add to the problem, no heavy breathing and have some filter feeders and and starfish from the LR alive and kicking. So what would you guys recommend? Do I pluck them out and get them back in the display and just deal with the ich. The ich is not bad at all just a couple spots on the Achilles a while back. Just doing the precautionary thing and getting it taken care of before the problem arises. Or since there is no sign of issues just leave them in there and hope it cycles soon. I tried to go get another ammonia test to see if that is the issue but the couple places around here are out of other brands except for the API. I was going to try again tomorrow. I have a Seachem ammonia alarm in there and it is reading .2. Sorry this is so long and kinda rambling but I just don't know where to go from here. I would hate to add the fish back to the display just to have to take them back out in a few weeks because the ich comes back. Thanks.
angnak is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello, need some advise bigfishtoo General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 3 07-19-2007 06:28 PM
No More KH+ - Please Advise PrettyFishies Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 8 05-14-2007 05:34 PM
Advise please aquariumbuff Cichlid Discussion 2 04-21-2007 07:00 PM
new to sw - please advise! lonestar Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 4 01-13-2005 10:14 AM
need advise stumpy Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral 4 03-13-2004 03:33 PM

» Photo Contest Winners

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.