Need some advise.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angnak

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had some ich issues going on so I made the decision to setup a hospital tank. Going from the 210 display to 100 gallon HT. Set it up with half tank water and half new water. Didn't have any filter from the display but threw in some LR to help with bio filtration. Waited a couple days and no ammonia. So started to move the fish over, over the course of a week and a half. After a couple fish got in there I noticed the ammonia creeping up. Got some amquel plus and ammonia stabilized at about .5. Ph is 7.8. I have done 4 water changes in about a week and a half. One about 70%. Two of the others was water from the display. about 30 - 50% the rest. This has not stopped the ammonia creep. Ditched the amquel after a couple doses and got API ammo-lock and stress zyme+ to help with the biofiltration. Well the ammonia is reading 2 ppm on an API ammonia test. The fish are showing no signs of stress what so ever. Eating great, even though it is every other day or more and a small amount as to not add to the problem, no heavy breathing and have some filter feeders and and starfish from the LR alive and kicking. So what would you guys recommend? Do I pluck them out and get them back in the display and just deal with the ich. The ich is not bad at all just a couple spots on the Achilles a while back. Just doing the precautionary thing and getting it taken care of before the problem arises. Or since there is no sign of issues just leave them in there and hope it cycles soon. I tried to go get another ammonia test to see if that is the issue but the couple places around here are out of other brands except for the API. I was going to try again tomorrow. I have a Seachem ammonia alarm in there and it is reading .2. Sorry this is so long and kinda rambling but I just don't know where to go from here. I would hate to add the fish back to the display just to have to take them back out in a few weeks because the ich comes back. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom